adelaide car accident lawyers

Adelaide Car Accident & Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers

Adelaide Car Accident & Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers

Georgiadis Lawyers are personal injury lawyers specialising in car accidents and motor vehicle accident claims.

Since 1985, Georgiadis Lawyers’ barristers and solicitors helped injured South Australians in Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Mount Barker, Salisbury, and Christies Beach claim compensation for car accidents, truck accidents, motorbike accidents and cycling accidents.

If you or someone you know was hurt or injured in a motor vehicle accident, call our leading personal injury lawyers for a free no obligation case assessment on 08 8210 5400.

Applicable Time Limits

It is important to be aware of time limits that may apply. Just recently, the law in South Australia was changed. You are now required to bring a claim for compensation if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident within six months. Additionally, the Limitation of Actions Act 1939 requires that actions for personal injury be commenced within three years.

Compulsory Third Party Insurance

Every car or motorcycle that is registered in South Australia has compulsory third party (‘CTP’) insurance to insure the driver of a vehicle if they cause an accident which injures another person. CTP insurance is governed by the Motor Vehicles Act 1959, the Civil Liability Act 1936, and the Compulsory Third Party Insurance Regulation Act 2016.

Injury Claim Form

If a person’s negligent driving results in injury to you, you may sue them for compensation, i.e. bring legal action. The first step is to complete a Injury Claim Form. If you cannot complete the form online, you may print it out and attend our office for a free consultation.

Motor Vehicle Accident Commission

The South Australian Motor Accident Commission (MAC) is responsible for CTP claims that occurred on and before 30 June 2016. The MAC handles motor vehicle accident claims along with an appointed insurance company like Allianz, SGIC, AAMI, and QBE. Making a claim for compensation arising out of a motor vehicle accident can be complicated and intimidating, given that the MAC has recently been granted broad investigatory powers.

Who can claim compensation?

As long as someone else was at fault, you may make a claim:

  1. As a driver of a motor vehicle (including a car, motorcycle, scooter, or truck)
  2. As a motorcycle rider or passenger
  3. As a passenger in a motor vehicle
  4. As a pedestrian
  5. As a cyclist

Why choose Georgiadis Lawyers?

Our experienced personal injury lawyers understand how the system works, what is required to get you maximum compensation (damages) and how to assess your short term / long term losses. Put our expertise to work for you.

What can be claimed?

When you choose Georgiadis Lawyers, we will help you claim for:

  1. Assistance/help given to you by close relatives;
  2. Assistance paid for by you;
  3. Any loss of earning ability;
  4. Future medical costs;
  5. Any loss of income;
  6. Pain and suffering;
  7. Medical expenses; and
  8. Travel expenses.

Speak with a personal injury lawyer and upload your claim form

    Translate »