Personal Injury

Accidents can happen at any time, in circumstances that you least expect. Often it results in considerable pain, distress, anxiety and uncertainty, not only for yourself, but for your family and loved ones too. Financially, you may be required to pay mounting medical expenses and could be under substantial financial pressure due to your inability to continue work. We are here for you, to provide you with a safety net to ensure that you have the competent and practical advice to claim your right to compensation.

Our Personal Injury lawyers can act on your behalf to protect your interests and maximise your entitlement. We are here to help you.

What We Offer

  • Medical Negligence
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents
  • Product Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Slip & Fall
  • Total & Permanent Disability
  • Workplace Accidents
  • Workers Compensation


I’ve injured myself at work - can I claim Workers Compensation?

Unfortunately, we all know accidents can happen! If you are injured at or in the course of your employment, you may be eligible to claim workers compensation.

Compensable workplace injuries can include something as minor as a cut finger to more serious conditions such as a broken leg or even psychological illness.

Your injury may be related to work if it occurred in the following circumstances:

  • You’ve had an accident at or as a result of work.
  • Your health and wellbeing have been affected by work.
  • A pre-existing injury or illness is made worse in the workplace.

If you or someone you know have been injured at work, call us now and book in a free first interview. We can help you.

What do I do if I am involved in a motor vehicle accident?

First things first, stop and check everyone is okay then call police, fire, and/or ambulance if needed. Failing to stop at the scene of an accident is an offence.

If everyone is okay, it is a good idea to get footage of the accident scene – if it is safe to do so.

It is also important to:

  • Exchange your details with all the drivers of all vehicles involved and the owners of any other property which has been damaged.
  • Get the names and contact details of all drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
  • Record the exact location of the accident.
  • Take note of what is around you i.e. lighting, signage, traffic flow, road conditions, and the weather.

If police attend, get the vehicle collision report number from them.

If you or someone you know has been involved in a motor vehicle accident, contact us now, we can help you.

What happens if my dog bites someone?

Where does the liability lie when your dog injures another person or animal? This is an interesting question with a complex answer.

The owner of a dog is liable if the dog causes bodily injury to a person when that injury is caused by wounding or attacking. Likewise the owner is liable for damage to the personal property of a person caused by a dog in the course of attacking that person.

Every dog owner should be aware that a higher liability is attached to owners of a dangerous dog, menacing dog or restricted dog. Research on the internet or with the local council will provide you with a list of breeds of dogs which have been restricted.

The most common restricted breeds are American Pitbull Terrier or Pitbull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Argentinian Fighting Dog and Brazilian Fighting Dog.

Owning a dog which is considered to be dangerous, menacing or on the restricted breeding list will automatically activate an exclusion clause in most household and contents insurance policies.

If you or someone you know wants more information or needs help or advice, please contact us on 08 8210 5400.

Our Personal Injury team

Related Articles

Medical Misdiagnosis
What if my employer tells me not to lodge a Workers Compensation Claim?
I’ve injured myself at work – what do I do?

If you need more information or have any queries please feel free to contact us with the details below or fill out our enquiry form.

    We offer a Free First Interview!
    Call us to now to book in your free 30 minute consultation.
    Translate »